20 Facts About Me
So, since it is coming up on my first whole year of this blogging experience I figured it might be time to do a little introduction of myself again to some new and old followers.
I know I am not the most exciting person but I sure appreciate everyone that has chosen to follow along on this journey. Blogging has been such a wonderful experience for me. I love getting to have an outlet that encompasses all things that I love.
This past year has been a tough one: going to a new school, moving 11 hours away from my boyfriend of 3 years, and not having many friends or a social life surrounding me anymore. I have been challenged to the brim with the workload of grad school and felt lonelier than ever with all of my different support systems not just 5 minutes or less away.
But blogging was always there.
It was something I could find a community in.
So, I truly appreciate the time you all have taken to support, encourage, and read the things I write. YOU DA BOMB.
With that here is the random list of 20 facts about me:
1. I am very young at heart- I can't watch scary movies because I get nightmares, I prefer to watch all things Disney all of the time because it makes me happy, I love cheese sticks and macaroni, etc. Literally, this can go on and on. I like to keep my mind innocent so I can be more happy all of the time haha. (At least that is how I see it).
2. I love all kinds of music- Growing up, my parents partially owned a country singing venue where I got to meet and eat home cooked dinners with Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney and Chad Brock (3 of my faves) among others. It was such a neat experience, except I was super young, so I don't remember much of it. That is where my love for country first started. As I got older I got into show tunes and indy music though.
3. Some favorite artists now: Regina Spektor, The Head and the Heart, and Trevor Hall.
4. I used to want to be a singerand loved performing in musicals. I was Marty in Grease, Ariel in Footloose, and Laurey Williams in Oklahoma! I loved being up on stage. You can feel your heartbeat louder and faster as the stage curtains open and I promise you there is nothing more thrilling and as the musical comes to a close and you walk out for curtain call the immense joy bouncing around inside can never be forgotten.
5. I played volleyball in college. It was an incredible experience! (I am a ds/libero) just in case you were wondering.
6. I am an ENFJ - Extrovert, Intuition, Feeler, Judgement - ENFJ's are: tolerant, reliable, charismatic, altruistic and natural leaders but we are also: overly idealistic, too selfless, too sensitive, fluctuating self-esteem and struggle to make tough decisions.
7. Speaking of making touch decisions, I am the MOST indecisive person you will ever meet. My boyfriend, brother and pretty much anyone I am in contact with on the regular gets so annoyed about how I can't make decisions. It isn't that I can't make them, it's just that I hate doing them on a whim. I like to put a lot of thought and time into the decisions I make so when I feel pressure to do it fast I just give up.
8. I love reading horoscopes. I am a libra so I need all of the balance I can get to stay in the right mindset. Too much of any one thing just isn't good for me.
9. I have an addiction withsoda. It is my go to drink and I am okay with saying that I am obsessed. Pepsi would be my drink of choice.
10. I am very self consciousall of the time. No matter what I do I am usually comparing myself to people and feeling less than and insufficient. I am not diagnosed but I do believe I haveanxiety so sometimes you get these thoughts in your mind and you can't breath and then this feeling in your stomach makes you feel like all you can do is just sit there and be paralyzed because no one can make the feeling stop.
11. I love cleaning. I am not sure if it is therapeutic or what but for some reason organization makes me feel so much better. I love having the same color hangers and having all boxes labeled and in place. I can't sit down somewhere unless I know it is clean or I get this terrible feeling inside. I can ignore it but I feel a lot better when I know everything is done to my standards. I know borderline OCD but what can ya do.
12. I have the most amazing boyfriendin the world who is a huge part of my life. He makes me happy, pushes me to always be my best, and always keeps me laughing.
13. Another super important person in my life is my 9 year old little brother. I loved being 14 when he was born because being older and watching him grow has been a very different experience as a sibling but I have loved every minute of it. Except when I had to help change a ton of stinky diapers.
14. I graduated from Millikin Universitywith a BA in Communication, emphasis in Public Relations and a Minor in Marketing. I am now pursuing my Masters degree in Higher Education at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. I will graduate in December and I am SO EXCITED!!!!
15. I have always been super independentand got into fashion and doing my hair and makeup at a very young age. I seriously started dressing myself in kindergarten and have never looked back.
16. I have super high points of motivationand will feel like I can conquer everything in my path like 20+ page papers and designing programs for students on top of just other life things. Then other times I am very very lowand can barely get out of bed. I get anxiety because I want to do those things but then something just holds me back. It's a struggle, but one I know I am not alone with.
17. My favorite movie is Frozen.I have a Frozen jewlery box, an Anna, Elsa, and Olaf doll, bracelet and many other trinkets to express my love for that story.
18. My family has always been important to me but just recently I have noticed just how amazing each and every single person in my family truly is. I have been taking more time getting to know them individually because I am blessed to have the most amazing father, mother, two brothers and sister. Lately, my relationship with my sister has been a tad strained and it is eating me up on the inside because I know she is an incredible human being that I want to be there for and support but I am hoping that as time passes this will too.
19. God is a huge influence in my life. I have recently been exploring my religion and researching it and trying to learn and understand it more. I have so many questions and so many unanswered explanations and it makes things hard, but I also have faith. I believe in His love and His strength and I am so thankful that I was brought up in a family that showed me God's love.
20. I have three tattoos: 1) "I believe in the sun even when it's not shining, I believe in love even when I don't feel it, and I believe in God even when He is silent" / 2) "fight the good fight" / 3) a pine tree
I wanted all of my tattoos to mean something so I took time in between each to make sure it was truly important. I got my first one when I was 18 and it is located on my ribs. I heard it when I was in 8th grade at a Barlow Girl's concert, where they told the story about how it was found written on the walls of a concentration camp. It stuck with me ever since. My second one I was 20 and it is on my left inner arm. I loved thinking that I must always fight the good fight no matter what and I wanted that reminder. The third I was 22 and it is symbol in my sorority that means growth and lofty expectations. All things that were very important and influential in my life.
Well, there ya have it. 20 facts about me. Some of those were challenging to write and admit on here but at the same time it seems refreshing and like a weight has been lifted by telling parts of my story to you.
Until next time!